shouting in doorways

Saturday, February 01, 2003

Only 3 days to go until broadband - I have to say that BT's customer services beat Telewest's arbritrary waiting times shambles into the frozen ground with a big stick.

For breakfast, I had a Marmite sandwich and some tablicks (to which I have recently added iron), while L is having a chip butty made with last night's chips. Yum.

Poor old Albert has been censored by the Chinese government, despite obviously being the People's Primate.

At school I have been building a 15-language dictionary compiler (complete with progress bars which I am particularly proud of) and am now throughly enmeshed in the problems of automated linguistical analysis and the illogical nature of semantics. And being thoroughly verbose at the same time.

I have a new computer on the way, thanks to the skills of notoriously slow car-builder but notoriously quick Java programmer Toby. Nice and cheap too, so current computer will be given to L to further her career of speaking every language known to man (or beast). Not sure if we've got room for two computers though.

Wibboty has gone AWOL so there may be someone else temporary filling his role as the Internet's Top Light Entertainer. Which reminds me, did Lorraine Kelly really mean to call her book this or is it just my interpretation that suggests infant cannibalism?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home