shouting in doorways

Monday, December 30, 2002

Well, that was Christmas, during which I ate lots, went nice places and got some lovely presents. Today I bought myself an Ultrafex Pro (box with lights on) which hooks up to the new mixer I got from L (it's got 36 knobs to twiddle! Knobtastic!). So now I have to deal with odd concepts like unbalanced connections, sidechaining, psychodynamics and MATYCSASA (more acronyms than you can shake a stick at). First through the Black (er...silver) Box of Doom was Mr Watson's excellent Padded Bag which sounds like the noise Gort would make if he snored. Recognise that phased/filtered metallic drum loop though...

Next on the list is new soundcard and USB stuff for my new webcam. And finishing this Starmix.

While on the train back from London I idly picked up a newspaper and found myself agreeing with the letters about Iraq with a (non-literal) sort of detached nodding..until I found out it was the Daily Mail. Now if only the public were a bit less apathetic (including me), we could make Mr Blair look more of a dimwit than he already is. Mass destruction shmass destruction. I'll give it bloody jelly fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home