shouting in doorways

Sunday, December 15, 2002

Yesterday I realised with only a small degree of horror (manifested by slight eyebrow-raise) that my recent over-the-hillness results in Godspeed You! Black Emperor featuring at the top of my 'music to do the washing-up to' list.

On top of this, Friday night saw L and I turning up to 70s fancy dress party (some attendees weren't even alive in the 70s) as punks, only to be told by idiots that punk 'wasn't in the 70s'. So I brandished my Robert Dyas bath chain at them until they started teetering on their platforms. I was most annoyed at the DJ not playing any punk...yet he somehow managed to play some early Beatles non-classics and that tune from Dirty Dancing (apparently it was meant to 'depict the 70s'). However, this disappointment was negated by 8-foot-tall Elvis farting then proclaiming 'Elvis has made everyone else leave the building'.

Meanwhile, back at school, I got an 'Achievement Award' for writing software which only I know doesn't work. It's got some nice buttons to press though. As another part of my directionless 'subvert-from-the-inside' pretence I won a box of tasty amaretto biscuits in the school raffle. So I ate them like a true rebel.

More partying tonight, to which we have to bring a national dish. Cold haggis and stovies from me then, and L has gone up Mr Cod to join the queue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home