shouting in doorways

Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Have decided to ditch the excessive rubbishness of Telewest in favour of BT. I'd like to know why Telewest are actually known as Telewest Broadband, when after 2 years I am still waiting for said broadband to arrive in sunny Slough. Perhaps they should rename themselves to Telewest 2 Minutes Uptime If You're Lucky. Anyway, roll on BT, it surely can't be any worse. The only wood I can find to touch (no gags please) is the spent match which fell out of Sings Reign Rebuilder by Set Fire To Flames, which is only being kept out of the cd player by Panjabi MC's only slightly nuts Mundian To Bach Ke.

Meanwhile at school we (me and someone else) are still waiting to hear from our HR department about whether we can turn one of our conference rooms into a rehearsal room for noisy people with drums and guitars (us). No luck yet. Priorities, people! It's holding back our near-competent version of Belinda Carlisle's famous Chalvey Is A Place In Slough!

Anyway, I have been playing with XML at home now as well as at school. It's fiddly. But I never liked stylesheets, I instinctively put them on my Things That Are Bad list.

Am propping up mid-table in Slough's 'electronic' chart, according to mp3.com. I face challenges from the ineptly-typed 'GRAFFITTI RECORSDS' who also suffer from Lack Of Inventive Song Names syndrome, and 'Bloodwurm', who suffer from Glut Of Inventive Song Names syndrome (pity they didn't apply it to their band name). Whereas I myself suffer from Must Capitalise Things syndrome.

I have discovered that breakfast makes you hungry. Or it could be the foul-smelling tablicks I am taking (cod liver oil, garlic, vitamin c, parma violets etc.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home