shouting in doorways

Wednesday, January 22, 2003

Well, I am having trouble extracting myself from the sticky mire of Telewestness, while connection speeds are now the WORST I have ever experienced - even if it does reach anything acceptable, the connection drops after 5 minutes or so. On top of that, Telewest rang me up today asking me why I was 'defecting' to BT. It's a good thing they rang me before the TV died (3rd time this week) otherwise I would probably have sworn at them. So, they're going to sort it out on...Friday. Sigh.

Corporate Insurance Pedants have decided that my office is only to be used for business purposes (which therefore outlaws at least 50% of employees) so we can't use it to make noise with drums and stuff. Neither can we use our second option, the church next door (it's a £75-a-day 'suggested' donation), so I was reduced to posting on the Community Forum of This Is Slough which may have come up trumps, but we'll see.

(Lack of telly has been replaced by Chorlton & The Wheelies DVD)

Freaky 6-degrees-of-Kevin-Bacon thing happened to me yesterday while I was looking at the Digitonal site, which contained a link to plasticbag, which contained a link to Quinquireme, which has a link to here. I don't know what this means. Nothing, probably.

At school I have been having regexp trouble, though I have built a pause button (which actually works), and as usual my original remit (check if words match other words which might be there by mistake) has expanded so it looks like I will be building some sort of concordance manager thing. Bugdozer was already there (minimal link warning).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home