shouting in doorways

Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I've still got the pox. Have also found out that my £2 worth of Premium Bonds (purchased in 1973) has won me the huge total of £0.

Apparently the best insight into Bush & Blair's murderous jolly is provided by Russian military intelligence which is published on the web in unlikely example of Glasnost. Which makes me think it all might be rubbish. Still, once the media succeeds in portraying the average Iraqi as being meekly thankful for having his country invaded, Mr Bliar's position is secure: 'Look - they like being invaded - we give them bread and stuff. Only because we blew up all their bakeries though.'

While Mr Bliar is busy trying to get the UN to have a role in rebuilding (i.e. paying for) Iraq, Bush & Co. are quite happily setting up Jay Garner to rule Iraq. Jay Garner is an ex-Army general who is now president of a weapons technology firm. I'm sure the Iraqis will be heartened to know that their new leader provided the technology which killed their families. He looks like a cross between Ronald Dumsfeld and Jeffrey Archer, which can't be good.

Still, I guess the Iraqi people are looking forward to their freedom, though it'll probably mean they can now work for $1 a day making Nike trainers. Who will probably be proud of themselves for helping the devastated Iraqi economy while the oil money reduces Bush's war debt.

The US military's 'daring' rescue of Jessica Lynch looks to me like a PR stunt to prove that the army's not just a killing machine. In a curious twist, she even comes from Palestine (not that Palestine) as if to plant the subconscious notion that yes, Mr Bush cares about Arabs (and women, the working class, the underprivileged, geese etc.) too. At least Fox News' Brainwashing Department could have a night off, anyway. Apparently she may have been tortured. They must have found her trussed up in an orange boiler suit with a blindfold, kneeling in the corner while the Iraqis wrote 'unlawful combatant' on her file.

The Labour party candidate rang me up last night in the middle of my peas to ask me who I'd be voting for in the forthcoming local elections, which caught me on the hop a bit and I was forced to say 'not Labour, because your leader thinks it's a good idea to kill Iraqi kids' or words to that effect. When asked who I would be voting for instead, I said it didn't matter much to me. No doubt she thinks that if Saddam Hussein was a candidate I would vote for him as easily as anyone else.

I don't like politics, I like ranting. And biscuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home